I saw this recipe in a magazine and I'm dying to try it! Let me know if you get to it first......
1 1/2 Cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Cup vegetable shortening
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup light-brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 Cups old fashioned oats
2 Cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 Cup sweetened flake coconut
1 Bag (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350. Place parchment paper on 4 baking sheets and set aside.
2. In small bowl, blend flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt with a whisk; set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat shortening and both sugars on medium-high speed about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
4. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in oats, Rice Krispies, coconut and chocolate chips.
5. Form balls with 2 Tablespoons of dough and place 2 inches apart on prepared sheets. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool on sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.