Monday, June 29, 2009

Potato Salad

I was searching for a yummy potato salad recipe and Roudy's cousin, Tami, gave me this recipe!
I cut the recipe in half and it was perfect for my little family. The whole recipe would be great if you're taking it to a BBQ or something like that. Enjoy!

Potato Salad

5 lb. bag red potatoes, washed and rough cut (a little bigger than bite size)
8 hard boiled eggs, rough chopped
4 green onions, sliced
1 lb. bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled

Sauce:
1 (12 oz) jar bleu cheese dressing
2 T. spicy brown mustard
3/4 cup sour cream

Boil potatoes until tender. Drain. Put in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, onions, and bacon.
Pour sauce over potato mix and stir well. Salt and Pepper to taste. Chill for a few hours.

**Tami prefers "Naturally Fresh" bleu cheese dressing, found in the produce isle. I used "Chiz's" bleu cheese dressing, found at Albertson's here in IF. Chiz's also makes a ranch dressing that would work, but the bleu cheese dressing taste is very mild in this recipe, so give it a try!

2 comments:

Kate Larsen said...

Mindy--I'm going to try this! It sounds awesome.

Mindy said...

Kate, I actually thought of you when I made this because there was NO MAYO in it! :) After making it, there are a few changes I would make. Don't rough cut the potatoes...it makes it too potato-e if you know what I mean. And I would make a little extra sauce! Yumm-o!