Monday, February 23, 2009

Any ideas??

Come on, girls! I need new dinner ideas. I'm SO tired of fixing the same 'ol, same 'ol stuff I always make. I need recipes of something easy, healthy, fast and the family will eat. Also, inexpensive items would be great. I hate going to the grocery store . . .that isn't asking too much, is it? :o)

I'll give you one of mine - fast, easy, cheap and the family will eat it (not so much healthy though). This was a staple of hubbys childhood and now hubby and kidlets ask for this on a weekly basis. Plus they gobble it up. (I'll add pictures next time I make it)

Grandma Cheryl's Tacos
corn tortillas
can of chili (or homemade is good too)
shredded cheese - I use the mexican blend
veg. oil
shredded lettuce
chopped tomato
salsa

Heat about 1 inch of veg. oil in skillet on med. heat until hot throughout. Lightly fry corn tortilla, one at a time, in the oil, flip and lightly fry on reverse side. Drain and set folded (like a taco) on plate lined w/paper towels to finish draining. Continue frying tortillas, one at a time, until you have desired amount. We don't like the tortillas too crispy, so I only fry them lightly so they are still 'soft'.

Layer warmed chili, cheese and veggies into fried and folded tortilla and eat. Of course you can add/remove desired taco ingredients. Kidlets here don't like tomatoes but I love 'em, so stack them on mine and not so much on theirs . . . .work it out how your fam. likes it.

Enjoy!

No comments: