In honor of FHE night we ALWAYS have a special treat and so I thought I would share some of our favorites.
Banana Split Cups
1 package 18oz refrigerated ch.chip cookie dough
2/3 cup M&M's the mini baking bits
1 banana cut into 18 slices and halved
your favorite ice cream
greases mini muffin cups. Cut dough into 36 equal pieces; roll into balls. put into pan press onto bottoms and up sides of muffin cups. chill 15 min. Press a couple M&M's into bottoms and sides of dough cups. bake on 350 for 8-9 min. Cookies will be puffy. remove from oven and gently press down center of each cookie. Return to oven 1 min. Cool cookies in pan 5min. then move to cooling rack. Let them cool completely. Place 1 banana half slice in each cookie cup; top with ch. syrup and a couple more M&M's top with about a tablespoon of ice cream more ch. syrup, M&M's, whipped topping and a cherry!
Sugar Cookie Tacos
1 Package 18oz refrigerated sugar cookie dough
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups of your favorite fruit cut-up
1. Preheat oven to 350. grease 2 baking sheets. Cover rounded forms such as rolling pins or cardboard tubes from paper towel roll with aluminum foil.
2. cut cookie dough into 16 half inch thick slices. Press each slice on a slightly floured surface into a 3 inch round sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Bake cookies until lightly golden, but still soft, 7-9 min. Gently remove cookies from baking sheet and IMMEDIATELY drape over rounded forms (I found it easier to invert the forms, instead of laying it on top of the rounded form I put 2 rolls next to each other and draped the tinfoil over them pushing down in the middle, then I place the cookie in the middle, they did not break that way.... Clear as mud???? sorry)
4. Cool cookies until firm about 2 min. gently remove.
5. Beat whipping cream and sugar in large bowl with mixer on high until stiff. Fill each cookie with about 2 tablespoons and your favorite fruit.
from my Easy to Bake, Easy to Make recipe box