Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup



Ingredients:
1 Box Uncle Ben's Wild Rice
1 lb. Chicken Breast
1 Cup Onion- diced
1 Cup Carrots- sliced
1 Cup Celery- sliced
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Cans Cream of Celery Soup
Directions:
Make rice as directed on box. Put chicken, onion, carrots, and celery in water and cook. Drain in strainer. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Mix soup and four cans of water. Mix rice into soup and stir until smooth. Add cooked vegetables and chicken. Heat through.

*** I sautee my chicken and vegetables in olive oil instead of boiling in water and I mix this all together in my crock pot for a fix-it-and-forget-it meal! Also, I use more like 1 1/2 - 2 lbs chicken breast.

1 comment:

Julie Arfmann said...

I am totally going to make this!