Monday, November 17, 2008

Veggie Cheese Chowder

All the kids in my family hated veggies-- I think this was my mom's way of sneaking them in, and it works-- you shred your veggies up -- with a cheese grater- or food processor-- and you or your kids will never know they are in there!

3 cups chicken broth (or 3 boullion cubes to 3 cups of water)
1/4 cup butter or margerine
1/2 cup diced potatoes
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrots


Boil until veggies are done.

Blend 2 cups milk and 1/2 cup flour. Stir slowly into hot soup and then add 3 cups cheese and stir together until melted. Add dash of pepper and 1 tablespoon parsley.

2 comments:

Laura Lou said...

Great idea. I'm so into comfort food right now with the fall weather, and all these soups and chowders are great! I'll give this a try 'cause my kids are always complaining about having to eat their veggies.

Chy said...

hey Becky where did you other post go? I had an idea I'll email it to ya!