Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ranch Dressing

This recipe makes a lot, so cut it in half if your family doesn't go through a lot of salad dressing. It stays good in the fridge for 3-4 weeks or maybe longer. I always go by the date on my buttermilk, but I've been told it lasts longer than that- I'm just paranoid!

Ranch Dressing

2 cups buttermilk
8 oz. cream cheese- softened
2 cups real mayo
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. season salt
1 tsp. onion salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. accent
1/2 tsp. dried parsley (crushed with fingers)

Mix soft cream cheese and mayo together in bowl first. Then add buttermilk and spices. Mix well. Refrigerate a few hours before serving. Enjoy!


**Make sure cream cheese is very soft, or there will be chunks in dressing. Also, real mayo is required. I've tried reduced fat mayo and dressing doesn't turn out.

No comments: