Friday, November 7, 2008

Homemade Oreo Cookies

These cookies are my kids favorite......
Cookies
2 boxes devil's food cake mix
4 eggs, well beaten
2/3 cup oil
Filling
1 cup butter
8 ounces cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Cookies:
*Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil together well.
*Shape into balls. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with palm of your hand.
*Bake at 350 for about 7 minutes. Cookies are done when the tops look cracked.
Filling:
*Mix butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together.
*When cookies are cool, frost the flat side of one cookie and then sandwich with another cookie.

6 comments:

Ashley and Nolan said...

mmmm...my favorite too!

Chy said...

I'm making them tonight for a neighborhood game night! THANKS MINDY!

Amy said...

Wow I have been looking for this recipe online for years. Thanks!

Laura Lou said...

OOh, soo yummy. Chy made these tonight for a game night/dinner thingy. Soo good! Delish!

Mindy said...

**I forget to write this in the directions, but to make sure the cookies are the same size I use a round tablespoon (measuring spoon) to scoop the dough out and then roll it into a ball. Just a little trick I learned...

Amy said...

I'm lazy...when I make these, I just buy the creme cheese filling that you would use for cakes...still pretty good!