Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Funeral Potatoes

This is a recipe that we probably all have, but it's one of my favorites!


Funeral Potatoes

1- 2 lb bag frozen hash browns
1 cup melted butter
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
3-4 cups grated cheese (I use "fiesta blend")
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 cups crushed corn flakes


**Combine all ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup butter. Pour into buttered 13x9 casserole dish. Combine cornflake crumbs and remaining butter and spread over potato mixture. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Bake uncovered. If cornflake crumbs start to burn, cover with tin foil last few minutes of baking.


**It's hard to find a 2 lb bag of hash browns. 1 lb, 14 oz. works just fine!

2 comments:

Julie Arfmann said...

Funny, I was planning on making this for dinner Thursday night, but I don't have a good recipe... well, now I do... this looks super yummy...but, that reminds me... I forgot to buy cornflakes!
Jules

Mk Luna said...

I love this recipe! Except, I always use french fried onions on top! Yum :)