Monday, November 10, 2008

Creamy White Chili

This chili is perfect for these cold fall days! I made it for a girls night out and received several phone calls the next day for the recipe.
2-3 chicken breasts *
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cans Great Northern Beans, drained
2 cups chicken broth
2 cans green chilies
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
I just throw everything (except the sour cream) into the crockpot in the morning. I cook it on low all day. *I use frozen chicken, but you could use fresh as well. When the chicken is done, I cut it up with my kitchen shears. When ready to serve, turn crockpot off, or to warm, and add sour cream. I also add 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese and 4 ounces of cream cheese. I serve mine with Frito or Tortilla chips, cilantro, chopped olives, tomatoes, avacado, and shredded cheese. You can make it as simple or as extravagant as you'd like. Enjoy with some cornbread!

6 comments:

Laura Lou said...

Yum. Looks delish. I'm going to try this tonight!

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

sorry about the deleted comment. I made a lame comment about how I wished we could tell who was posting the recipes.....Then I opened my eyes!!

Anyway, I'll definatly make this!!

Woods: said...

This looks delicious! I'm putting this into my menu plan for the week for sure! Can't wait to try it! YUM!

Chy said...

Yes yes I will also be making it this week! YUMMY!

Woods: said...

Okay...I made it and it was...DELICIOUS! My hubby LOVED it and he is really picky and was really skeptical about it! We added about 1/3 of a bunch of cilantro chopped up and LOVED it! Oh...so so good! I wish it was dinner time again so we could eat again!